Better pic of unknown critter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I posted a pic a few weeks ago about a flat critter on my LR. That critter is still on the LR and has not really moved or gone near my corals.

Yesterday I found this one on the glass and took it out. It has the same kind of spikes the other one does except this one is one color and the one still in the tank is red and white.

Is this a snail of some kind?

Thanks

Attachments

• unknown_193.jpg
    unknown_193.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 344
  • unknown_1_147.jpg
    unknown_1_147.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 348
LOL! Mike, can you get it on a surface that it doesn't match, like white or something? That is kind of hard for me to make out any details......

What an idiot I am. It is already gone. You cant make it out?

It is rock hard and reminds me of spiky sandpaper.

Hara, I am going to google that right now and see if it is similar.

EDIT: This looks extremely similar but mine had more spikes. (Cranopsis major)Anybody know anything about it?

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...t=54&ndsp=18&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=N

I have one still in my tank that is bigger, but he has been on the same piece of LR for a few weeks and stays away from my corals. It likes stay on the LR but I am interested to know what it is.

It looks like a limpet snail. I haven't found much on them yet. Only one I have read about is the heyhole limpet.

Back
Top Bottom