Big Fuzzy crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found this big fuzzy crab in my tank, really weird looking. Is this one to get rid of or keep? I haven't got a picture yet, still trying. Nasty looking bugger. :roll:

depends it might be a decorator crab, these guys are fuzzy but ussualy start grabing "stuff" and and attaching it to themselves for camaflouge. Im pretty sure there harmless but i would do some reasearch, cant wait to see a pic

I just uploaded a picture to my gallery, hope it took :oops: . Not sure how to do make it work here from my gallery, Please just check out my gallery and let me know what you think.

Ok, let's try this.

crabbie_001.jpg

I'm thinking he might be safe, I tossed him a piece of shrimp and he just moves to the other side of the container. I don't want him to die, good or bad. If he is good I'll toss him back into the tank, if bad into the sump. Any guesses?

I have no idea what kind of crab it is, but I would definitely put him in the sump until you can get a positive I.D. on him.

Thanks, Right now he's back in the tank but is alone other than 1 pepermint and a few hermits. Haven't started adding fish yet. (got a mantis to catch first).

Oy, a mantis. How big is it? I spent three, maybe four hours catching mine with a turkey baster. Bandit, as I named him, for his white and black combination, now lives in a small disposable ziplock container with many holes in it. He seems to appreciate the snail shell I gave him to reside in. I feed him prime reef. The only problem now is that there is a mushroom living on the shell I gave him and I want the shell back. Good luck. I let Bandit live with my fish for about a month because he is very tiny and I couldn't catch him yet. I am just glad he left my $40 fish alone.

Back
Top Bottom