Big Snail (Help)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bernardo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi
I just got back from Diving and caught a huge Snail like the size of two tenis balls. when I got I put it into my tank (105 gal) it had a was very slimy. Does any body know anytyhing about them? I dont want to keep it unless its good otherwise I will just return it to its place. :?
Thanks

I will inject a comment:

The collection of wild species without a permit is often illegal. That aside, the collection of any species decreases the population of the natural reef system and damages it. Placing the species into your tank (especially without long periods of quarantine) is placing your system at risk of infection.

I do not condone the collection of species from the wild, and believe it should be only done by professionals with a well established cyclical restoration plan. If we all collected one animal, just one animal, we would destroy miles of reef.

On a side note, the collection of a species without knowledge of the requirements to keep said species, or much less the ability to accurately identify said species is reckless and selfish.

Support aquaculturing and help keep our reefs alive.

Bernardo said:
Hi
I just got back from Diving and caught a huge Snail like the size of two tenis balls. when I got I put it into my tank (105 gal) it had a was very slimy. Does any body know anytyhing about them? I dont want to keep it unless its good otherwise I will just return it to its place. :?
Thanks

First, I'll second everything that bearfan has said.

Second, I'll say that "big slimey snail" doesn't give us much to work on. Pictures or a more detailed description of the shell, markings etc will go a long way.

Back
Top Bottom