big worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi people, i saw this thing in my tank late last night and it grossed me out.this thing can seem to extend to like a foot long. he is white for the most part and he has little black bands every inch or so, depends on how long it's stretched out. also has 2 little tiny black eyes.just wondering what they are and if its safe to have in the tank. and also does it eat like soft corals and tubeworms stuff like that or does it eat algae products?

yeah i seen both ends. it looks to have a flat looking head, like kinda round looking. it was crawling around, and at first i thought it was a big fecal sample from my lion fish, and then at a closer look it was moving slowly.i swear its about a foot long stretched out and at the shortest i saw it was maybe 4 or 5 inches.i havent seen him today, but its really creepy looking. here's another shot of it stretched way out.it's body was out of the frame by like another 5 inches or so.gross 8O

hmm i found a worm thing in my tank that was white with blackish brown stripes...sort of similar to that, only much much MUCH smaller-(like maximum 2 inches, maybe less) So if you found out what it is, i'd be curious to know also.

Back
Top Bottom