Blunt-tip claw crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianeww

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a good-sized crab, light reddish tan body a little over the size of a penny and a claw-spread of possibly 3 inches. His claws have flat tips with white surfaces. He goes after the nori like crazy. Do you think he's fish-safe? I've never seen him chase after a fish, but I suppose that doen't mean much.

I just caught a dark-tipped pointed-claw crab, and there's one more of them I'm going after now. I'd like to leave the nori-eater if possible.

Advice? Thanks!

I'm sure he's fish safe. Sounds like a mithrax crab so will be mostly an algae grazer. As it grows though, it will want more meaty items so you'll want to offer it something from time to time so it doesn't get a mind to help itself to your snails.

OK, great, I'll keep him. My husband loves all the crabs, but I'm banishing all the ones with pointed claws to my HOB refugium. I hope they'll be happy enough in there, there's not much space, but I can't kill them!

Back
Top Bottom