Bristle worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is this a bristle worm I thought it was but didn't really see the bristles also it was free swimming first time iv seen it ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394028412.540384.jpg the white part is it's head

It doesn't look like a bristleworm to me. If it was, you would see a bunch of bristles on it. Looks like a plain red worm like thing to me. I'm not sure what though. I've never seen one before

mr_x is it reef safe,i have one that looks like that? Whats the common name if u dont mind..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

According to what I'm reading, I would get rid of it. Some are saying the ones found as hitch hikers aren't really reef safe

Bigger gotta try find him again now it only came out in the middle if the night how should I dispose of it do you think

Throw it away for sure. Not that it would survive long down the toilet but still wouldn't wanna chance it

mr_x is it reef safe,i have one that looks like that? Whats the common name if u dont mind..

"Most nemerteans are carnivores, feeding on annelids, clams and crustaceans. A few species are scavengers, and a few species live commensally inside the mantle cavity of molluscs. Some species have devastated commercial fishing of clams and crabs. Nemerteans have few predators. Two species are sold as fish bait."

Ok...ty getting rid of it if i can catchem..thanks

Back
Top Bottom