Bristle worm ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankless

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first foreign animal. I found it in my sump during a water change.

Is it a red bristle worm?

Are they good or bad?

Thanks for the help
Ken

Attachments

• worm_84-2_802.jpg
    worm_84-2_802.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 40
I found one yesterday on my sand bed. They are fire worm/red brittle worm. They are bad generally b/c bother fishes if they have a chance to.

its looks like the run of the mill bristtle worm to me.. having these in your tank s nothing to worry about as they are beneficial to your system as long as they do not get too large... should not be a problem in your sump. they will eat up excess ditrius and such, good luck!!!

its looks like the run of the mill bristtle worm to me.. having these in your tank s nothing to worry about as they are beneficial to your system as long as they do not get too large
I'll second that. I wish I had more in my display and fuge lol.

Too late,

I removed it from my sump last night but kept it in a bucket.

I think it is dead now.

If I find another one I will leave it alone.

Thanks for the info
Ken

Trust me, you'll find a lot more....check at night about an hour after lights out. I have a lot of them and they don't bother anything.....Their population will stay current with their food supply....

Aquarium Advice Newbie

View My Gallery

New postPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:59 pm Reply with QuoteBack to Top Report Post
Too late,

I removed it from my sump last night but kept it in a bucket.

I think it is dead now.

If I find another one I will leave it alone.

Thanks for the info
Ken

Sorry :( i read a book and it said fire worms were predators and it showed a picture of a big worm attacking a goby. Guess i was wrong then. Sorry for the loss of ur worm

Back
Top Bottom