bristle worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madhatter208

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im assumeing its a bristle worm anyways.

It looks just like the ones in the pic.
other then color. this one is pinkish in color.
I spoted him last night and was amazed how how long it was.
course it was just fast enough to duck for cover before i could actualy get a pic of it.

at a guess i'd say it was 2 to 3" in length.
Pinkish in color
had the typical serates on its side.

Just how big can these get?
Should I have any concerns over it?
Read a few things here n there and it seems most are harmless.
There are no fish in the tank atm as im still in my cycle stage, (should be done i hope by weeks end).

I've seen several tiny what i think are bristle worms. they look like a red piece of thread that dart back into cover lighting quick. I found this big thing and had to ask about it just for peace of mind.

If poss ill post a pic but I've only seen it once so far.

lol cool page but which one are you talking bout?
the big arse bristle or the tiny red threds?

99.9% sure the big guy is a bristle

the red threds .. shrug i was guessing.
they dont appear to be spaggati worms but wth do i know. I've only seen them a few times and they so dang fast its hard to get a good look at them.

Long as they are all good guys and wont take over the tank it doenst realy matter to me. Its more of an I'm currious bout and I want to know more about type thing.

Probably all harmless. Bristleworms are great scavengers. The little red threads could be any sort of worm, though my guess is just a bristleworm as well.

No worries. :)

Dont know how big they get but they are great for scavaging in your tank. I have some in both my tanks. No need to worry.

Back
Top Bottom