Brown stuff on my rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daney90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Could someone tell me what this thing on my rocks pls? Doesn't look like diatoms to me and I don't know what it is. My water parameters are

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate -20

image-103828987.jpg

I opened the photo on my PC and it does look like diatoms. It is not uncommon for new tanks and new lr to grow diatoms after curing I would get Trochus or Astraea to clean it up start with a few if its not gone or growing more add a few more

Only reason why I thought I wasn't diatoms because my tank has been running for 74 days now and the brown stuff are just found on the rocks

It can happen it established tanks too. Does your sand get moved a lot? Weird how it's not on the glass or sand...highly doubt this, but a wild guess would be the encrusting diatoms?

Don't think so.. Still working on stocking :) I have 3 fishes and 1 hermit and 1 turbo. Any advice what cuc to get that's reef safe? Also I'm planning on getting a watchman goby next week. :)

More cleaners and good flow will get rid of that I have 15 hermits 4 turbos 10 nasarius and 10 astraea and 5 cirth ... I know I hacked their spelling lol

As long as you feed the fish extra they will be fine for a while

Back
Top Bottom