Bubble Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all: I picked up a piece of coral from a co-worker that "left the company." He left his nanocube in his office when he "left the company."

This was in there, and I wanted to see if you could help me identify it so I can take care of it properly.

I acclimated it and put it in my 55gal.

DSCF0101.JPG

Thanks in advance.

That doesn't look like a bubble coral to me. Looks mor like some type of "meat coral" Cynarina lacrymalis maybe.

If that is what it is, then I should move it to the substrate in a little bit of shade correct?

I've never seen one in a tank that was on the substrate, but I've seen it in books, so either way would be fine. I wouldn't put it in the shade, depending on what your lighting is in the tank, I doubt it would tolerate 250W of MH in a 12-14" tall tank, but more moderte lighting should be fine. Ideally, if it was doing well in your co-workers tank, try and place it in your tank in an area as close to the same lighting and water movement it was getting there.

Okay, I'll leave him where he is, he looks happy there.

Back
Top Bottom