Can anyone id these for us?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you mean the tentacles in the first pic, that's a spaghetti worm- a harmless scavenger. I can't tell from the picture what kind of algae that is in pic 2. It appears to be 2 types. I see a thin anchoring root-looking thing sort of behind it, that doesn't look like the rest of the algae.

The pink stuff on the left picture is coraline algae and spaghetti worm. On the right in the center, maybe a Halimeda macro algae/plant with green hair algae covering it?

What's the orange leafy thing in the center of the first pic? I just found 2 almost identical ones in my tank.

I'm not sure, but there are many types of coralline algae, some are plating and grow sort of like a monti cap.
here's some in the middle of this blasto colony-
img_1845315_0_fc5545b05e06d191db47b101952c0336.jpg

We were wondering about the red in the first picture, and the darker green in the second picture.

In the second picture it seems firm and not leafy. It is'nt bubbly, but it is'nt leafy either. It is sort of thick, branchy, with little bulbs on it.

Yeah, that looks exactly the same in structure, mines just the same color as the martins, and as small. Cool, just saw it today and it came up on the site! Mines in the middle of these zoos.

View attachment 81746

NewCoralline!

We were wondering about the red in the first picture, and the darker green in the second picture.

In the second picture it seems firm and not leafy. It is'nt bubbly, but it is'nt leafy either. It is sort of thick, branchy, with little bulbs on it.
See if any of these species are a match:
Browse Species in Calcareous Algae
The pictures aren't the greatest, but I'm thinking one of these is what you've got.

It would depend on how fast it grows, and how hard it is to remove. Some species of algae are so invasive, that I would not recommend them in the DT. I don't know if this particular algae is the same.
If it's a slow grower, and doesn't bother you from an aesthetic standpoint, then it's no problem.

Did you ever find out what the platey looking orange stuff is? Mine is red- orange. Might photograph it for identification too.

Back
Top Bottom