Can anyone identify this ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zombie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

My wife and I have had saltwater aquariums for 10 years or better. Currently we are running a 120 gal salt tank that has been in continuous operation for about 3 years.

While doing a bit of maintenence, my wife found this creature in the crushed coral bottom. I've never seen one before. Haven't had much luck in my search for identification anywhere.

Perhaps one of you can identify it and tell us a bit about it?

Peanut worm?

I am a total novice but the picture looks like a peanut. Could it be one of the infamous peanut worms? =)

Yep, Coralena,

I do believe that's what it is - a peanut worm. I did a web search on peanut worm and received quite a bit of info. Different class than bristle worms ... Sipunculan. Apparently there are some 300 species of the little buggers. Hence, the many different colors, striping, size, etc.

You, a total novice? Yeah, well, er ... I've had tanks for ten years or better and I've never even heard of a peanut worm until now. Guess I need to get out more often. :wink:

Thanks for the help.

Utter novice! Have posts to prove! LOL

I knew *nothing* about salt water tanks, other than they are beautiful, until we started ours roughly 4 weeks ago. Since then I have been trying to identify the 50 or so hitchhikers in my tank(no joke! heh)! So I've read countless numbers of posts under identification and countless webpages about id'ing. Go figure, I know what YOURS is....but mine? Not! *grin* I'm glad it was a bit of help to you though!!!

Back
Top Bottom