Can anyone tell me what type of star this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badgers reef

Aquarium Advice Regular
I noticed a couple of these the other day think they came off a piece of lr can anyone tell me what type of starfish they are and if they are reefsafe? Ect pests ect :)

Attachments

• image-542007040.jpg
    image-542007040.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1682244801.jpg
    image-1682244801.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 89
Asteria stars. They stay tiny, and only thing that may be a concern, is they eat coraline algae sometimes. I think they eat other algaes as well, maybe. Not a real concern, may leave them alone, but I di pull them out if they get near the top where I can grab them easily. If I have to get more than my fingers wet, they get to stay.

Fair enough :) and yea i have noticed they have eaten some coraline algae not much tho they are eating small hair algae on the back window for the moment so thats not a bad thing but yea i shal get them out if they get near the top :) thanks

Asteria stars. They stay tiny, and only thing that may be a concern, is they eat coraline algae sometimes. I think they eat other algaes as well, maybe. Not a real concern, may leave them alone, but I di pull them out if they get near the top where I can grab them easily. If I have to get more than my fingers wet, they get to stay.

Pretty much the same for me... For a while I was pulling 15-30 out every couple days, and they eventually subsided. They're back now, and I don't really remove them anymore.

As the others stated its an asternia star. I have alot in my tank and they eat the trash off the glass in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom