Can someone ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

damedash80

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon FOWLR tank, canister filter rated up to 75gph, 2 koralia evolution 850 power heads, 2 coralife 50/50 bulbs & roughly 50 lbs of live rock. I have a mated pair of clowns, Koran angel & 4 chromis. I just noticed these little black things that are on the back of one of my artificial corals. Can someone please identify them?
I was thinking they were clownfish eggs, but I wasn't sure. Can someone please verify.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406767764.724448.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406767830.651738.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could be eggs do the clowns hang out there and chase everyone away?

Sent from the Death Star

Yes they do, they've been chasing everyone away including my big Koran Angel for a few days.

You do realize that koran angel needs at least 250 gallons right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Google clownfish eggs! They do look similar

@masionac I am aware of what size tank a Koran Angel needs. He was given to me by a friend who left the hobby. Let's stick to the question I originally asked please. @ nelix10 thanks for the input

@masionac I am aware of what size tank a Koran Angel needs. He was given to me by a friend who left the hobby. Let's stick to the question I originally asked please. @ nelix10 thanks for the input

No need to get snarky, your the one with a fish that wouldn't be able to turn around in your tank when full grown. If you know, why keep it in something 1/5 the size it needs?

Keeping a fish in a tank too small will slow their growth, cause extreme stress, chances are there'll be water quality issues as big fish make big mess, and ultimately shorten its lifespan.

Fish are friends not food!

Thanks for the input guys. I'm not trying to be rude or "snarky" but all I asked for was help with ID & I got bashed. I honestly didn't have the heart to give him up because he's breath taking, however, I'm going full reef and I will be trading him soon. Are there any angels that I could have in a 55 gallon fish tank that will not eat my corals?

Thanks for the input guys. I'm not trying to be rude or "snarky" but all I asked for was help with ID & I got bashed. I honestly didn't have the heart to give him up because he's breath taking, however, I'm going full reef and I will be trading him soon. Are there any angels that I could have in a 55 gallon fish tank that will not eat my corals?

Good to hear. Sorry if I was rude. They are very pretty. All Pygmy angels are reef safe with caution (May nip corals) they would be good for your tank. That includes flame angels, they are very pretty.

Fish are friends not food!

Thanks again for your feedback, I will post some pictures once everything is updated

Back
Top Bottom