Can someone ID this fish for me please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hulkamaniac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got back from vacation and saw a number of aquariums there. The one in this pic was in a mall and had no labels or descriptions on any of the fish. I'd never seen anything like this one and I'm moderately familiar with more common saltwater fish. I may not know the names of all of them, but I've certainly seen them at least once or twice. Not this guy though. I had no idea what this guy was. I know the one on top left is a lookdown. It's the one with the weird nose to the right center that I've never seen before.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/gar3_3/album/576460762400112702/photo/294928804359953401/148

The silver one is a Lookdown (Selene vorner), the one on the right is a Unicorn Tang (Naso unicornis) juvenile, I am not sure on the one in the middle, some sort of grouper (Miniatus Grouper (Caphalopholis miniata))?

I agree the large silver one is a lookdown fish, and I agree with the unicorn tang. I think the yellowish fish may be some sort of snapper, the yellow banded fish behind the unicorn looks like it could be a clown tang, and I can see two bannerfish in the background. :)

I think you are right on the snapper, jugding by the mouth. More of an angle than the groupers.

I think you are right on the snapper, jugding by the mouth. More of an angle than the groupers

it is a grunt not a snapper- good bait

Back
Top Bottom