Can someone name these zoas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billbug68

Aquarium Advice Addict
It would be much appreciated!
img_2581870_0_7a730f2823303736c67eceda310301b2.jpg

+1 on the palys and I agree on either people eaters or maybe zombie eye perhaps?

Name them yourself. After all, there isn't some panel of government officials naming these things...it's just some guy with a reef tank who wants to sell some zoas and wants to get a little more money for them.
How about "green horizons", or "green nebulas"...

Name them yourself. After all, there isn't some panel of government officials naming these things...it's just some guy with a reef tank who wants to sell some zoas and wants to get a little more money for them.
How about "green horizons", or "green nebulas"...

Hahaha! Thanks X! I was wondering who the heck gets to name all these things and how it get agreed upon by the hobby as a whole...

Found these on coralpedia by user revhtree, now where the heck can I find these! I think my next favorite name being the gorilla nipples... :rotfl:

Attachments

• image-314557398.jpg
    image-314557398.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 99
You guys think all these white specks are zoa pox???
img_2583912_0_84bf11526c21e7af9f316e3bda6fa932.jpg

EDIT: Okay, after a little research, I've read that some may take sand up on or in their stocks and its nothing to worry about. I'm gonna assume that's what this is until they start to show any health issues. They all seem fine and open now. Anyone want to confirm this and ease my mind that this is what it is? Mr x, you there??? :D

Last edited:
I've had the same questions about the white spots on my palythoas. Good to know its just sand!

I've had the same questions about the white spots on my palythoas. Good to know its just sand!

Yeah, it took a bit of digging on google, but I finally found a thread on another forum discussing it. What a relief, huh??? Now I just have to treat that baby aptasia growing in the middle of them....*sigh*

That's my mind blowing paly

Attachments

• image-2831853392.jpg
    image-2831853392.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 70
Yeah, it took a bit of digging on google, but I finally found a thread on another forum discussing it. What a relief, huh??? Now I just have to treat that baby aptasia growing in the middle of them....*sigh*

Haha. Huge relief. I had a freak out when I first noticed them. That does suck about the aptasia!!! I've heard lemon juice is a good fix.

Back
Top Bottom