can you ID my anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mistaflicksta

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought these on ebay and cant seem to Identify these one is 2 inches and the other is 1 inch wide. Does anybody know what kind they are?
anemone.jpg

Ok here are some more pics of my anemones. I really want to know what they are. One of them just ate my Blood Red Fire Shrimp. Please help

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 0517001450.jpg
    0517001450.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 60
Looks like a rock flower anemone. Like any other anemone, they are carnivores and will eat whatever it can grab.

These guys can shure eat. I feed them a cube of raw fish every third day and they still snatched up my shrimp. They have doubled in size since I got them two weeks ago.

what size tank do you have..

its usually better to find out what your buying first, then buy it.

it might be a condylactus. they will eat anything and everything. im still thinking its a tube though cuz they are the same way

I think I found out what it is. I think its a Florida Rock flower anemone. They look exactly like mine.

I now have 6 of them. the ebay store I bought them from sent me two more boxes with 2 more in each. Even though they look pertty, I dont want to have a death valley in my tank. My tank is only 36 gal and I want to start incorporating corals so Im gonna get rid of the other 4 localy.

Thanks for the comments I apreciate your help

the first look like warty nems, usually flower/rock nems have shorter tentacles. they are pretty variable with color.

Back
Top Bottom