Candy Cane Coral or

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Trumpet Coral? I just finished acclimating this coral (so it's still retracted a bit) and was wondering what it was? I know that it's a common coral but I'm not sure what it is exactly.

Thank you!

img_877091_0_cacfaa2ad7201f3c8c07e2c55e6262ab.jpg

Caulastrea furcata. Maybe Caulastrea curvata. I can't tell the two apart. But I think both are called trumpet coral and candy cane coral.

Did you put an addition on to that 72g, or what?!

Caulastrea furcata. Maybe Caulastrea curvata. I can't tell the two apart. But I think both are called trumpet coral and candy cane coral.

Did you put an addition on to that 72g, or what?!

Uh.....I got a great deal??? How does that sound? At least that's the excuse I'm gonna use.

I was just looking through the ThatFishPlace catalog that came in the mail last week. I think I see how you're funding your expansion project now! Yet another gift certificate, eh?

I was just looking through the ThatFishPlace catalog that came in the mail last week. I think I see how you're funding your expansion project now! Yet another gift certificate, eh?

Yep, ain't it great.......how come you haven't sent in some of your pictures yet???

That fts looks very good as do the new candy cane.I don't know how I missed the original post with the fts.
Is that your Acan on the top right of the rocks in the picture? I tried moving mine up a little higher in my tank, in hopes that it would be able to catch some of the food I feed the fish, so I wouldn't have to target feed. And within 2-days it was practically dead. Today there is only a little bit of tissue left. I dont see any of the infamous brown jelly, but it looks more like dead white tissue. There goes one of my most expensive corals down the drain. Oh well.

That fts looks very good as do the new candy cane.I don't know how I missed the original post with the fts.
Is that your Acan on the top right of the rocks in the picture? I tried moving mine up a little higher in my tank, in hopes that it would be able to catch some of the food I feed the fish, so I wouldn't have to target feed. And within 2-days it was practically dead. Today there is only a little bit of tissue left. I dont see any of the infamous brown jelly, but it looks more like dead white tissue. There goes one of my most expensive corals down the drain. Oh well.

Yes, you've got a good eye....that is one of my acan frags. Wow, do you think your acan got too much light? I target feed my sun coral so it's not too far of a reach to shoot some food over it's way. You might want to ask Kurt_Nelson about the acan. He has a nice healthy colony (that he won't share either). I'd hate to make the same mistake twice (and you know that you'll pickup another one sometime).

:BIG:

Thanks MsBean. I am sure Kurt will chime in too, once he gets online. Take a look at the picture of it under sick fish forum. Pretty sad looking. I am not sure about too much light or not, I wish I would have just left it alone.

Back
Top Bottom