Clam help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben300

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437530381.322401.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437530393.522812.jpg

What type is this little guy am feeding him everyday and he seems very happy the guy at the LFS said he was a maximum clam but he looks different from the ones online and I don't know if it's because he's under 2" so I wanted to ask yall if you knew or had more experience with clams and I got him for $50 too

30 gallon reef jbj RL tank
40 gallon pleco tank

That is a small maxima clam. You don't need to feed him, you simply need strong lighting to meet its photosynthetic needs. Anything it needs to filter feed will come out of the water column of a mature system without fouling up your water column and being harmful to the clam.

That is a small maxima clam. You don't need to feed him, you simply need strong lighting to meet its photosynthetic needs. Anything it needs to filter feed will come out of the water column of a mature system without fouling up your water column and being harmful to the clam.

Everywhere I've ready said that you should feed them till there passed two inches?

40 gallon pleco tank

That's a myth. Copied and pasted from website to website...this is why you've read it so much. I've had 1" clams that did just fine in my system without any feedings (other than feeding the fish).

That's a myth. Copied and pasted from website to website...this is why you've read it so much. I've had 1" clams that did just fine in my system without any feedings (other than feeding the fish).

Wow I didn't know that after spending hours reading no where said that you don't need to feed them thank you very much

40 gallon pleco tank

Back
Top Bottom