Colorless polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishmike7979

Aquarium Advice Regular
Are the uncolored polyps zoas or palys? Can anyone explain why dont these have any color? Do they come naturally this way or could it be the result of someone trying to dye them? I've had them in my zoa section for such a long time and I'm just now starting to get fed up because they look like crap.

image-732049892.jpg

Is there anyway to remove them?

Attachments

• image-939149876.jpg
    image-939149876.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 110
Polyps. And thats just what their color is. Quite an undesirable color, but they're pretty cool anyways. I have some kinda like that and i like them even though they dont add much color

I wouldn't mind if there was only a few but there's so many of these things they're taking over the rock with my nuke greens and Green Bay packers

Irishmike7979 said:
I wouldn't mind if there was only a few but there's so many of these things they're taking over the rock with my nuke greens and Green Bay packers

Hmm i gottcha. We'll i'm not exactly sure how you can remove them safely, or else i would:/

Yeah maybe I just need to get in there with a scalpel or tweezers. Wonder if I can treat it the same as an aptasia with lemon juice or kalk paste, I just don't want to risk losing any Zoas

Yeah just really worried about harming the other Zoas around them maybe one/two a day?

Back
Top Bottom