colt or kenya tree coral???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill302

Aquarium Advice Freak
is this a Kenya tree or colt coral?

Attachments

• 100_0603.jpg
    100_0603.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 135
Not yet, just bought it and it was shipped from California, and placed in my lfs tank then placed into my tank the next day which was 2 days ago so I suspect its distressing from shipping and tank changes...Ill post a pic. when it opens...thanks.

pic didn't post earlier, so here it is.

Attachments

• 100_0610.jpg
    100_0610.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 108
Thats a colt coral... its going to be a beauty as well with so many heads...great choice.

If its a colt, over the years I grew three colonies that got as big as basketballs. They can crash all at once with a swing in alkalinity or salinity, so watch those. Otherwise really easy to grow. Better than a Kenya that drops buds constantly.

They also don't like mushrooms much.

Thanks all, i'll post more pics. as it destresses...I was hoping for a colt coral but it was hard to tell. It was so pretty I had to get it before someone else bought it. I'm not sure but it looks purple and I believe these are not to easy to find...

The colt corals can get HUGE!!! In my profile pic I have my old colt coral that out grew my 55 gallon. It grew to the size of a basketball and started pushing my leather into the back glass. All said I sold it for 300.

Back
Top Bottom