COOLEST FISH! EVERRR epic want

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilbetta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok so i saw this fish at the store the other day i had NEVER seen before. its a saltwater fish and it looks awesome! i thought it might be some sort of wrasse but no, and then i thought maybe its a baby lionfish but is body shape is nothing like a lionfish and the spine/fins are different... here is the picture.

btw i have been planning on creating a saltwater tank sometime in the next year or so and im planning it out... so far this is the neatest saltwater fish i have seen if it is something unique i plan on building my tank around it so any sugguestions of co inhabitants/ plants and such would be aappreciated.

srry bout pic the lil bugger was so fast

Attachments

• fish 011.jpg
    fish 011.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 134
That's a dragon wrasse. The adults' finnage doesn't look anywhere near as cool IMO. They do well with other fish that don't fit in its mouth. They are prone to digging and may eat crabs and shrimp and are generally not considered reef safe.

You were right. That's a juvenile dragon wrasse. There body shape and color change dramatically when they become adults. (in my opinion not nearly as good looking as the juveniles) They also get fairly large, about a foot and need a tank of 100 gallons, preferably more. They also need a deep sand bed because they like to sleep in the substrate. I was planning on getting one myself but they do get large and they are not good reef inhabitants, eating all types of invertebrates and knocking over rocks and corals in search of food.

They also like to move things around I've seen these in my lfs. I've seen them pick up snails & very small pieces of rock & move it to the other side of the tank.

NICE good to know! i guess i wont be getting one... first of all it isnt gonna look as cool as it does now and 2nd a FOOT LONG! lol bigest tank i could go is like 40 g lol good to know i will stick with clownfish then lol.

lilbetta said:
NICE good to know! i guess i wont be getting one... first of all it isnt gonna look as cool as it does now and 2nd a FOOT LONG! lol bigest tank i could go is like 40 g lol good to know i will stick with clownfish then lol.

I am a big fan of wrasses. They're found in many different colors, sizes and temperaments. Some are good reef inhabitants and others are good for fish only setups. It's important to do your research. I am a faithful customer of liveaquaria.com. I also find them to be a great source for information. Articles, reviews, species information ect...

Back
Top Bottom