Coral Hitchhiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkiley0598

Aquarium Advice Regular
can anyone help me identify the small purple-pink coral in the front of this pic, maybe a Xenia can't really tell? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396720498.384454.jpg

Athellia polyp. (Waving hand coral)

Sent from my LG-D801 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would research more about it. It will spread quickly. It doesn't need any special attention.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mark my words, that little colony is already planning for world domination :) be careful as that small colony will become huge and widespread very quickly

I kid, but seriously keep an eye on it bc Anthelia can grow like a WEED given the right conditions. Mine nearly doubled in size in height and # of polyps in two weeks

Btw, to give you more info it likes medium- high flow and direct light.

Mark my words, that little colony is already planning for world domination :) be careful as that small colony will become huge and widespread very quickly

I kid, but seriously keep an eye on it bc Anthelia can grow like a WEED given the right conditions. Mine nearly doubled in size in height and # of polyps in two weeks

I'll watch it very carefully lol but kind of excited too, I'm looking for something to balance out the large toadstools on the other side of the tank. thank you!

Definitely will take over. If it does just pull it off the rock like you would an anenome. Start at the bottom and get a fold of the footing loose and just start pulling from there. Very easy. I just cleared an entire rock of some last week. Got an entire glass full!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom