Coral id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh582

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, picked up 2 bargain coral at the lfs but can't remember what the guy said they where, could one of you kindly identify it for me please? :) thanks

Attachments

• image-1771533550.jpg
    image-1771533550.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 150
  • image-2076678422.jpg
    image-2076678422.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 142
Thanks :) I thought the second one was Kenya tree, couldn't for the life of me remember, it's been one of those days lol

Having a few problems linking pictures of Polliciopora to my picture but looking at a lot of the images I've come across I can see the resemblance! I had no idea it was an SPS coral, it was sold to me as a softie and it's branch like structure does look like that of a soft coral so I am a little unsure now

The second one is definitely a kenya tree coral, the pictures I have uploaded are not the best as they where taken on the iphone and straight onto here using the app (very handy btw) so I'll upload some better pictures sometime soon! :)

I'll leave it for a bit before I start feeling it up! Don't want to give it an excuse to sulk even more :lol:

I fear it's possibly on the way out :( I'll keep an eye on it, it's been moved to my brothers tank for now as his lighting is much better. My new lights arrive Wednesday :)

both corals look upset, but neither looks like it's on the way out. i would be putting them in a moderate flow area and shielded from powerful lighting. stronger light isn't going to correct what you see in the pics. the first picture looks like a leather to me.

First one is bird net and second one isn't colt and it's fine I have it in my tank the corals polyps are closed up that's all

It's a softie! I felt it the other day and it was soft! It's starting to look better now, my salinity was altering far to much to quickly and had a lot if evaporation so bought myself an auto top up and everything's starting to look happier now, by far the best investment I've made whilst keeping corals over the years yet it's such a simple device!

Back
Top Bottom