Coral id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hairy green mushroom, have some in my tank, beautiful coral although they well sting nearby corals.

Also called Lavender mushroom for the base color, they can spread quickly. I bought 1 8 mushroom colony years ago, I now have probably 20 and have traded about 10. They can definitely sting other stuff like mentioned before though and can get pretty big. I've had one shroom 4" in diameter at least! Should do well for you.

Many corals have no defined "life span". They live for centuries.....or longer. I have mushroom corals in my tank that I've had for around 25 yrs.

lamarck2_1-22-12.jpg

Mushrooms are among the hardiest and easiest of corals to take care of. Not much light\care needed as compared to some SPS etc.

What do I need to do to get them to spread ....they are still on plug should I pry it off and glue to a crevice in one of my rocks ?

I'll tale a pick later, but I got a score from my LFS. 6 x 2 inch diameter brilliant green mushrooms on a nice piece of live rock for 30$. I would recommend this place to anyone. They are a small mom and pop shop with great customer service, and a great selection.

Do I need to feed these anything or
Is light enough

You can't really glue softies (Xenia, shrooms etc) to rock. Using a rubber band works well. They will spread eventually. If a few shrooms are on the rock/plug you can cut the plug and glue each plug at different place around your tank.

I'll tale a pick later, but I got a score from my LFS. 6 x 2 inch diameter brilliant green mushrooms on a nice piece of live rock for 30$. I would recommend this place to anyone. They are a small mom and pop shop with great customer service, and a great selection.

Do I need to feed these anything or
Is light enough

They don't require feeding. Light is all they really need. They will absorb what they need from the water column if necessary.

Good to hear. Well they have only been in a day, but they stand out in my tank. I couldn't have asked for better coloring. I also noticed at night that there are three hitchhikers. I feather duster, one orange sponge, and one one other worm.

Back
Top Bottom