Coral ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is this. When I bought it I didn't see the super long tentacles coming out of it. Hoping this isn't a stinging type of tenticals.

looks like a branching frogspawn or torch to me and they do have stinging tentacles, but mine don't seem to bug anything.

Thank, either way, it's trying to reach my Duncan. Looks like its going to live in a corner as to not attach my other frags. Lol. Got it for 30 bucks so figure it was a steal.

It's either galaxea or goniopora a better picture of the tenticles and polyp head could help

Galaxia have sweeper tentacles that typically come out at night to feed. These will def sting anything in their path. It's best to give this coral some space, 5-6" buffer zone between it and it's neighbors. Galaxea have a pretty potent sting.

Flreefer said:
Galaxia have sweeper tentacles that typically come out at night to feed. These will def sting anything in their path. It's best to give this coral some space, 5-6" buffer zone between it and it's neighbors. Galaxea have a pretty potent sting.

+1 galaxea is considered "aggressive" and will kill or overgrow pretty much anything it its path but it sure is beautiful lol

Cool, thanks, the coral has made it to a nice sandy spot in the corner of my tank. It was trying to reach my Duncan, so I moved it.

Back
Top Bottom