Coral id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahochan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Could someone please help me id the coral in the attachment. Thanks.

Attachments

• redcoral_505.jpg
    redcoral_505.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 29
Agreed and hope for your sake that the brilliant red isn't truly a dye job.

It is a very healthy sun coral (I know this because I've got one). It will be cool to see it opened up. I've had great luck with the "half of the 2 liter bottle" target feeding. Good luck!

Beware Ahochan sun corals are non-photosynthetic. They need to be fed plankton, of suitable size/nature, a few times a week- ex DT's phytoplankton or oyster eggs. Using a modified 2 liter bottle to cover them w/ during feeding, as mentioned above, allows them to consume more without necessarily polluting the tank more. Otherwise they will waste away in an aquarium (even w/ LR, fuge, etc) HTH and good luck.

ahochan said:
Thanks for the id and advice.

Will Kent Marine Phytoplex be ok? I also have some Kent Marine ZooPlex, any use in feeding that as well?

http://www.kentmarine.com/saltwater/invert-foods/phytoplex.htm

PS: Haven't seen DT's phytoplankton here in Tokyo.

I recommend feeding this type of coral larger foods, such as cyclopeeze, and shrimp (brine, and especially mysis). Mine even capture pellet food that my fish miss. Phytoplex, in my opinion, won't sustain a sun coral.

kay-bee19 said:
ahochan said:
Thanks for the id and advice.

Will Kent Marine Phytoplex be ok? I also have some Kent Marine ZooPlex, any use in feeding that as well?

http://www.kentmarine.com/saltwater/invert-foods/phytoplex.htm

PS: Haven't seen DT's phytoplankton here in Tokyo.

I recommend feeding this type of coral larger foods, such as cyclopeeze, and shrimp (brine, and especially mysis). Mine even capture pellet food that my fish miss. Phytoplex, in my opinion, won't sustain a sun coral.

Is frozen mysis ok?

Back
Top Bottom