Coral ID and best placement please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackenzie11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389953153.022233.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389953175.847391.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389953201.362666.jpg

On the third pic, what is the fan, is it an aiptasia, do they come in a clear colour, I could only find the brown ones on the net, if not a aiptasia, is It a good guy

Ta for any help given

First is an elegance coral. Quite difficult to keep. I'd leave it on the sandbed. Second is acanthophyllia or "meat coral", also on the sand and yes the third pic looks like aiptasia.

Thank you, was told by fish shop that both were "beginner" corals, very easy to keep and to stand the meat one up right against a rock and to wedge the rock of the other one in between two rocks, both need low flow and Lowish light...so not really happy with them telling me lies....have taken care of the pesky fan though....I did stress,to the fish shop that I was after easy beginner corals

Elegance used to be a beginner coral but now it's very hard to keep alive long term. The meat coral is pretty easy though but yeah I'd keep both off the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom