Coral ID confirmation/Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Needles15

Aquarium Advice Activist
Need help confirming a couple frags.. used to have a reef years ago and tore it down when I had my son, now I’m back and rusty on my ID.. I believe the first one to be a Trachyphillia
The second I’m unsure, blasto? candycane? IdkIMG_5844.jpg
IMG_5843.jpg

I'd say that your ID's are spot on. Seeing the brain better adjusted inflated would give a confirmation as I'm far from an expert at all of my 'brain' families...there have been some scientific name changes for some recently. The only other I could think of would be a Platygyra brain coral...but seeing it inflated can (and i believe will) eliminate this as being the correct ID.

Thank you! Here are some better photos IMG_5865.jpgIMG_5866.jpg. Still thinking Trachy and Blasto?

I'd say that your ID's are spot on. Seeing the brain better adjusted inflated would give a confirmation as I'm far from an expert at all of my 'brain' families...there have been some scientific name changes for some recently. The only other I could think of would be a Platygyra brain coral...but seeing it inflated can (and i believe will) eliminate this as being the correct ID.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom