Coral id help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kbeezy83

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got this coral today and don't know what it is. If someone can help I would be thankful. IT almost looks like a powder donut when it is closed. It just started opening it looks like a million little polyps. Anything will help. i will post more pics when it fills out.

Attachments

• coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 193
  • coral 1.jpg
    coral 1.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 171
  • coral3.jpg
    coral3.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 181
Check out blue cloves and see if that is what you have.

Can you get a closer shot of it?
Looks like an LPS coral such as galaxy coral to me with tentacles not fully extended in the last pic.

Here are some pic of it today. I looked up that coral there was one that kinda looked like it:banghead:. This one is like a brownish red in color and the polyps look way smaller in size. It grows on a mat like the star polyps. My camera sucks I can't really get a clear pic up close. Hopefully these pics will help a little more. i know its still not fully open, but I will keep yall updated. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• coral4.jpg
    coral4.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 155
  • coral5.jpg
    coral5.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 147
Thanks for the new pics. Definately not galaxy coral.
The polyp-tentacles look similar to alveopora, though.

Thanks Kay-Bee I believe that could be it. I Googled alveopora and a pic just like it was about half way down. Well thanks people for your input and just though I would post a few pics of my 29g biocube I've started

Attachments

• my tank1.jpg
    my tank1.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 107
  • my tank4.jpg
    my tank4.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 109
  • my tank2.jpg
    my tank2.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 104
Back
Top Bottom