Coral ID Please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kmatt08

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Pics are blurry a bit but this little guy hitchhiked on some live rock but im not sure what it is since it is still so small. It's pink with green tips, Frogspawn maybe?

2hxvcr4.jpg

2cr4qcl.jpg

Top down view

1g50nr.jpg

Yea thats what I figured at first too. Two ricordea muchrooms had hitchhiked on this rock along with it, but this definitely isnt a mushroom.The pictures dont do it justice but its about 3/4 of an inch tall which is tremendous growth from when it first came in at about 1/8 of an inch. I'll try to post better pictures to help give a more accurate id.

Look up manjano or some call them tulip anenomies can reach plague proportions in short order if not kept in check , can sting other corals and walk , they will grow in response to food , generally they do not get any bigger than a nickle :D

Cool yea definitely looks like a younger version of one, it hasnt walked at all since it was first introduced in the tank but I'll play it on the safe side. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom