Coral id please !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dude1982

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone I'd this coral please. I just bought a frag from the lfs because the mrs wanted it because it was pink lol. The lfs said it likes to grow downwards !

Attachments

• image-1244454952.jpg
    image-1244454952.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 149
Looks like a very unhappy nepthya of some sort. Possibly stereonepthya, which is still somewhat hard to keep but easy compared to dendros, scleros.

Not an easy coral by any means. It could well be a Scleronepthya, and it probably is, in which case you will have a very hard time feeding for it, as it is azooxanthallae.

If it is a dendro, yikes. No matter which of those it is it will require planktonic food supplementation on a regular basis.

yep. non-photosynthetic, and needs a steady supply of food in the water column to survive. you'll spoil your tank before you successfully keep that coral alive.

Oh wow lol thanks for the help guys. I really didnt think this coral looked like hard work. I'll pop to the lfs to get some phytoplankton to see if I can liven this thing up !

yep. non-photosynthetic, and needs a steady supply of food in the water column to survive. you'll spoil your tank before you successfully keep that coral alive.

This was the key statement here. It`s a very hard coral to keep and by the time you get enough in the tank it will foul up your water quality.

It eats the really small stuff, way smaller than pods and whatnot. You'd need the kind that comes in a liquid or whatnot in a bottle. The thing is though you'd have to feed it with that quite often to have a chance of keeping it alive and even then you'd probably end up with nutrient problems.

Lol thanks for your help people. Bloody lfs said it would be fine under medium lighting. Well I'll give it a go to keep it but I'm not fouling my tank for this 1 coral. I'll see how it goes and keep you updated on how it goes thanks again everyone !

Back
Top Bottom