Coral ID Please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mpolizzano

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,
Can someone ID these please? Also what should be done for care? Tank parameters are: temp 81 ph 7.9 ammo 0 trite 0 trate 40. Haven't tested calcium which I will do today. Anyone?

image-2228886728.jpg

image-1275434096.jpg

image-3492769312.jpg

image-682203858.jpg

Nitrates are way to high. First one looks like a beat up, seen better days yellow polyp...either way a zoanthid. Second looks like it might be a green star polyp? Not even going go guess on the third...and the fourth looks more like a sponge than a coral.

Either way, those corals do not look healthy at all and the high nitrates aren't going to help. When was your last water change?

Doing a pwc today. Thanks for the reply. I was told the 3rd was a tongue coral and the last a mushroom? But not sure that's why I'm asking here.

What else should I test now that I have corals besides ph ammo trite trate and salinity? I'm testing calcium today. Anything else? My lighting is coralife High Output T5 Lunar aqualight. 2 10,000 daylight lamps and 2 Actinic bluelight lamps. Then 2 blue LED's at night. That good enough?

Yeah, you are running the same lighting I am. It'll be fine. You'll probably need to test alk and mag as well. I don't have tests for them so I do not currently, but my corals are doing fine.

How big is your tank? I have 65 gallon. Also what should by calcium and all and mag be? Or be around?

I have a 36 gallon. You might need more lighting depending on how tall your tank is. Depending on the coral is how much calcium they would need. Softies don't need as much as LPS which don't need as much as SPS.

The tongue coral (Herpolitha) is an LPS, the rest are soft corals.

...and the last a mushroom?

Yes, the last one is a mushroom coral, looks to be a small green elephant ear mushroom that is not fully expanded.

rc_kaybee19_sig.png

Back
Top Bottom