Coral ID please ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But my Mg still low but now they're open after the dip... So their "healty look" is temporary until the mg raise with the WCs overtime ?

Hmm true did anything come off them in the dip?

Yeah, a very tiny shrimp shape looking invert (transparent brown color) I see a lot of them when the light dim out (or off with a flashlight)

AMPHIPODS as i remember what I saw on the web... I read they're harmless if not warning colored...

Can they eat birdnest polyps and skin like colored algae on the birsnest skeleton?

Would a re-dip help ?

Yeah, a very tiny shrimp shape looking invert (transparent brown color) I see a lot of them when the light dim out (or off with a flashlight)

AMPHIPODS as i remember what I saw on the web... I read they're harmless if not warning colored...

Can they eat birdnest polyps and skin like colored algae on the birsnest skeleton?

Would a re-dip help ?

No they are pretty harmless but can irritate corals sometimes. Never heard of them eating it. Idk why the bn is dying.

No they are pretty harmless but can irritate corals sometimes. Never heard of them eating it. Idk why the bn is dying.

I'll take a picture and post it in a new thread I think... There's nothing else than dip that can help it ? It's under high light/flow, but some frags I did from it are really healty, it's just the main birdnest that look poor...

These are pretty hardy sps. Though this variety that you shown is a pretty slow grower. I have this and and an orange in my tank. I barely notice growth out of it where the orange is pretty quick...though not on the level of the birds nest which is also in my tank.
If you are having trouble with keeping SPS, such as your birds nest and want to try a monti, I would suggest a different variety to see how things go. Remember, the key is stable parameters and strong lighting. Once you get things squared away, try a capricornis. They are VERY forgiving. Mine survived a lengthy power outage which took the temp of my tank to the 90s and no flow...was all white except for the orange polyps. Should have died.

These are pretty hardy sps. Though this variety that you shown is a pretty slow grower. I have this and and an orange in my tank. I barely notice growth out of it where the orange is pretty quick...though not on the level of the birds nest which is also in my tank.
If you are having trouble with keeping SPS, such as your birds nest and want to try a monti, I would suggest a different variety to see how things go. Remember, the key is stable parameters and strong lighting. Once you get things squared away, try a capricornis. They are VERY forgiving. Mine survived a lengthy power outage which took the temp of my tank to the 90s and no flow...was all white except for the orange polyps. Should have died.

For lighting it's okai, I can't run my LEDs over 50%-50% power, or all coral bleach...

I've cut some of the birdsnest when I recieved it, because it was dying, then it revived... All the frags I made are healty, but the main part of the big birdsnestis dying. It's like a disease, a bacterias that eat the algae covering the skeleton... Or maybe parasites ?

Frags are under the same flow and lighting that the big birdsnest.

Back
Top Bottom