Coral regrowth??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Airgoose2222

Aquarium Advice Freak
In the pic, my Hammer coral has three stalks. The one in the back right of the pic has been dead since I bought it. Now there are small growths on it. Is this how these corals come bak to life? I have no experience with this at all.

image-504988465.jpg

image-2016384121.jpg

I don't see any growths on the dead stalk. Once a branch has died, I've never seen it regrow. I usually just leave it as is, or cut the branch off so that new heads can use the room where the old dead branch used to be.

I've only had a partial head ever come back. Bought a frogspawn with three heads and a dead fourth attached. It came back partially and never really filled the head. Ended up cutting of that head during an annual trimming for future growth.

Tried to get some better pics. There are some bubbles on the first pic. Brushed them off and they retracted a bit. They have the same purple base as the bigger one.

image-1733080723.jpg

image-563904640.jpg

I can see the new growth it is below the top skeleton part. There are several new "buds" emerging. Yes that is how euphilia grow- it won't regrow out of the old skeleton but all those will grow into big heads.

That's great! I wasn't sure how they grew. Looking forward to it getting bigger. Thanks for the information.

Back
Top Bottom