coraline alge or ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldfishead

Aquarium Advice Regular
i'm new ; and lovin it
sorry i don,t have any pics.
ques. is i bought some l.r. this wkend , it came from the l.f.s. display tank
well instead of various colors of purple the new l.r. is almost bloodred to marroon in color . looks cool !!! can anyone tell me if this is a form of coraline; i hope !!!

thank you - oldfishead .... out !!!!

Sounds like it. Is it very hard? Or can you touch it and see if it has a bit of softness to it? Could be an encrusting sponge, but my guess is coraline.

I agree with DT. As long as it is not slimey and has bubbles on it (cyano), but it really doesn't sound like that to me. Sounds like you may have a great mature rock. You can propigate it by scraping a little off and moving it to other rocks (kind of tough with all that flow everywhere). Good luck!!!

thanks all ;
its hard but my snails are starting to clean it off the rocks; i have to keep moving my snails around . are they eating the coraline !!!

it won't blow off with a baster; i can scrape it with my fingernail . i'm puzzled ???
you dont think its harmful ???
p.s. it looks great !!!!

I have to agree that if snails are eating it off then it`s not Coraline. What is the probability of getting a pic.

Back
Top Bottom