corals need ID and care instructions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got these corals as part of a 'package.' I've identified some yellow polyps and a bullseye mushroom, but I'm not certain what these two are. Also any care suggestions for all 4, especially in terms of tank placement & water flow. I was told that all 4 should be photosynthetic and require little to no additional feeding.

Sorry the photos are blurry... I had to take them with my cell phone. Thanks!

Attachments

• _cid__picture014.jpg
    _cid__picture014.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 84
  • _cid__picture015.jpg
    _cid__picture015.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 85
Also, in addition to any care tips, I believe all will sting neighbors at night -- how much space do they need in order to not harm the other corals?

shrooms, polyps, and probably that leather don't have very much in the way of sweeper tentacles. We even have rocks with both shrooms and polyps on the same rock. Just a general rule for future growth would be maybe 4 to 5 inches between corals. Some corals have very long sweeper tentacles and must be given space but these really don't have that problem. Shrooms aren't really high light corals so you can put them pretty much anywhere you want. moderate flow rate will be good. Maybe phytoplex or zooplex every once in a while but mine just get whatever the fish don't eat that just happens by them.

First photo are zoonathid's often refered to as zoo's. Medium to moderate light requirements no need to feed directly. Will continue to grow in an outward direction.

Second photo is most likly a devils hand leather. Medium light levels with moderate flow. Again no need to feed directly adn will grow up and out.

Back
Top Bottom