Corsl id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickenscratch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any ideas on what the name of this guy is? Thanks.

Attachments

• image-1258456338.jpg
    image-1258456338.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 70
i have the same thing in my tank. it grows like crazy tripled if not more in size in 2 months.

mine look like tiny blue clove polyps it is the closest thing i can find online

I googled and agree that looks pretty close. It has already "threw" out 2 of it "chutes" on my live sand. And this is only day 1 so I probably have the same as you from what it sounds. What have you done to control it? And how would you suggest me trying to put the ones in my sand on my live rock or discard it?

once it grows out a little you can cut it and place it in a container with some coral rubble and let it attach to that then glue the rubble piece to a frag mount or what every you want to attach it too. i use a small plastic tray with holes in it. small rubble in the bottom, and cover it with bridal vale. so it wont get blown away. it should attach to the rubble and then you can glue the rubble to a larger rock. you cant glue the animal to the rock it will shed the glue. plus the glue gets hot when curing and can burn the animal.

oh and wear gloves some can be really toxic. if you use a drimmel tool. were goggle and face mask i can mess up lungs

Thanks! That's really helpful. I'm not crystal clear on the small plastic tray though but I kinda get the point so that's cool. I'm picturing an ice cube tray type setup with the coral frags and coral rubble with covering over it. Okay I will probably seek more guidance in the coming days. A local shop has nice frags for $10-$30 and I'll want to know what they are. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom