Crab ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Seen this little guy crawl out of a hole while feeding anyone know what it is?

Its kinda hard to tell from the pic, but it dosent look like a stone crab(which is good)

Well I checked the site and nothing matches...its about the size of a quarter with the legs and has one small claw and one large..its light brown with some subtle green and Orange striping on the legs..there has to be someone on here that has found or bought one of these guys so please let me know as soon as you can AA

The fiirst thing that comes to my mind when you say large claw small claw is the fiddler crab.

Attachments

• Fiddler-Crab.jpg
    Fiddler-Crab.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 81
It's not that drastic of a difference I'd say the large is about 3x bigger then the small
Edit* and the large claw isn't long and slender its robust and short

No more of a brown with almost a green tint

Yea. . . U got me on that one. I have pulled out over 5 different unwanted crabs out of my tanks and none of them look like that.

You nailed it thank you so much lol turns out he isn't a pest but a great addition for my corals..and there asking $15 for him on liveaquaria haha

Glad to help, Ha I just bought one of these guys last week to guard my corals too. Nice free-bee

Back
Top Bottom