Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Identification

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-13-2003, 06:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Ok just checking out my tank this afternoon and it looks like my Hippo Tang has spots that look like white lint. I am not 100% sure this is crypt as I have yet to see it in saltwater. Saw him yesterday and he was fine today he looks horrible. Parameters:

125 Gallon
PH 8.2
Salinity 1.023
Temp 79
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrites 0 ppm
Nitrates 20 ppm
Calcium 420

Feed Formula One/Two and Tetra marine pellets soaked in Kent Garlic Extreme.

Lighting 2 96watt Blue (Fire up at 1pm off at 11pm)
2 96 watt 10K (fire up at 1:30 off at 10:30)

Gonna get 30 Gallons of RO water right now. Last did a water change May 1st. (I change 30 gallons on the 1st and 15th of every month). Any other suggestions. And if its to move him in the hospital tank any ideas on how to catch him have way to much LR to net him out.

No I haven't added anything lately. My last addition was the 150 lbs of LR which was on April 13th. No other fish seem to be affected .

Yes I do have coral in there various polyps, elephant ear, 15 feather dusters, mushrooms etc etc. Any help appreciated.

filtration is a Wet/Dry with 1200 gph
Red Sea Skimmer w/ 900 gph
2 802 PHs
1 401 PH
1 Filstar Xp3

Sorry if this was too much info but trying to cover all the bases so I can get a quick response. Thanks a million!

craque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:03 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
sounds like ich
Hara is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com