Curious as to what this guy is.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheyCallMeButch

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437722491.321447.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437722505.322421.jpg

A slug of some sort. One I've never seen before. I found him last night when I was making some adjustments in the tank but he slid away to fast for me to snap a pic but he was out again tonight and I was able to snag a few shots before he disappeared. A Nudibranch perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Does it look like this?

img_3253954_0_7974d25bb8b2703cda6e3fcb7212fcd3.jpg

If so, it's a zoa eating nudibranch. I'd get it out of there.

It does and it happens to be the same color as one of my Zoas. I'll definitely be getting it out. Thank you!

Thanks for the extra tip! Definitely gonna try to snag some of that today.

I had lost him but then I found him hiding next to my refugium. How he got there I don't know but he is gone now.

Nudis can be pretty hard to accurately ID IMO.
If it looks like a coral or zoa...
then it probably eats them and spends most of its time in or near that item of food!
I certainly can say I had a GSP eating nudi(many) that did look like the coral itself(how it got imported to my tank).
Check to make sure it is not a berghia before you oust it as many desire the beghia and it to would only survive if its food source was present(aptasia!) IMO.
Good luck it took me a month of manual removal done easiest when the nudi was away from the host and easier to see!

Back
Top Bottom