CYANO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think I have cyano...but can i have a full descriptions of what it looks like and how to ger rid of it if that is the case?

I hope its not, but it looks as if i have carpet moss all over my rock....its a light to dark brown....if pictures are needed please tell me and ill post some....

Also, I have brown sand particles near the edge of the glass.....is this Cyano?

Probably is. Try adding water flow to the areas to see if that helps. Do you know what your phosphate readings are?

how can i tell my phosphate reading??
is that PH? because if it is, its at 8.2.....

Since you are in your cycling, and you used RO Water it most likely/hopefully will be Diatoms, which means you are near the end of your cycle. Go pick up a Phosphate test kit, or bring a sample to the LFS to be tested. What are your other levels reading right now.

badfish said:
Since you are in your cycling, and you used RO Water it most likely/hopefully will be Diatoms, which means you are near the end of your cycle. Go pick up a Phosphate test kit, or bring a sample to the LFS to be tested. What are your other levels reading right now.

That is true as well. I forgot that you were still cycling. You'll want a test kit anyway but it may burn itself out.

yeah, Its not cyano, i called up ron from lr.com and he told me its just a bloom because my clyce is at an end....he told me it was nothing that a little clean up crew couldn't take care of...
thank for the help anways...

anyways....i tested yesterday and my results are
nitrite-1.0
Amm-.25
nitrate- about 50
ph-8.2

here are the pics

Attachments

• im000324_136.jpg
    im000324_136.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 36
  • im000343.jpg
    im000343.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 30
  • im000345.jpg
    im000345.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 28
here is my new aquascape

Attachments

• im000348.jpg
    im000348.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 22
  • im000345_409.jpg
    im000345_409.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 19
my guess would be diatoms, pics are kind of blurry, aquascapping looks good though. Once your levels start droping it will be time for clean up crew :onfire: Maybe even this weekend, a good start would probably be 5 hermits and 5 snails, thats what i started with.

yeah I ordered the crew today and it should be in tomm i have about 5 crabs now, that were hitch hikers....

Back
Top Bottom