Dagger leaf Macro?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
I'm thinking it came in on an order of pods. Never seen a dark dagger like macro like this.
img_2090489_0_2e737ab512d1a0fe2f7519d4260944b3.jpg

Sniperhank said:
I'm thinking it came in on an order of pods. Never seen a dark dagger like macro like this.

Does it look like small fern?

Sniperhank said:
Yes. An almost black fern.

If its like a fern long and attached at the bottom it may be bryopsis only one way that i know of to get rid of it

Sniperhank said:
Yeah, there is a good chance that is what it is.

Only successful way ive ever heard is kent magnesium its not the mag that kills it kent has some other chemical in there that does it in bring your mag up to 1600 using kent and the chemical present in there will raise high enough to kill off bryopsis people i know have tried other mags with no success kinda odd but i guess it works ive also researched it before and they all say kent but know one knows why good luck be careful with bryopsis it will take over faaasst

danbstrong said:
Only successful way ive ever heard is kent magnesium its not the mag that kills it kent has some other chemical in there that does it in bring your mag up to 1600 using kent and the chemical present in there will raise high enough to kill off bryopsis people i know have tried other mags with no success kinda odd but i guess it works ive also researched it before and they all say kent but know one knows why good luck be careful with bryopsis it will take over faaasst

And search bryopsis before you try it to make for sure its what your dealing with

I'm pretty sure. I just removed most of it, but it grew in between several rocks that support my entire structure. Can't remove them. I actually have some kent alk...I just don't have much of it. That and I don't like dosing as I don't think I have an alk test...IDK we'll see.

Sniperhank said:
I'm pretty sure. I just removed most of it, but it grew in between several rocks that support my entire structure. Can't remove them. I actually have some kent alk...I just don't have much of it. That and I don't like dosing as I don't think I have an alk test...IDK we'll see.

Its kent mag not alk tho but ya if you cant get it under control thats gonna be your best method good luck i hear its a battle

Sniperhank said:
Roger that. After 12 hours of drinking I'm in no real shape to even think about the issue. I'll just keep ripping it out.

Try and siphon while your tearing it out or its gonna release spores and spread

DWilliams said:
Sea hairs eat it as well, I've had luck with them.

Seahares are hit and miss on bryopsis they prefer hair algae ive personally never seen one eat bryopsis not saying they dont just in my exp bryopsis is one of the hardest algaes to deal with it dont need much nutrients like most others ive seen people take their tanks down because of it

I know I'm pulling up a pretty dead thread but are you still fighting the bryopsis?

Back
Top Bottom