Do these look like Percula Clown's "mated pair"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jason1985

Aquarium Advice Freak
img_1211047_0_e97b11a511870ddff8c328c742d84147.jpg

img_1211047_1_1be904e0b6d5754a79ec016cd1f88cf1.jpg

What is the different between true or false Percula

And how can you tell if they are mated pair?

are you asking if they look like true percula clowns or a mated pair? if the first then yes, they are true perculas. as for the mated pair, no idea!

No way to tell with a picture. It's like me posting a picture of me (a guy) with a gal, and asking if you think we're a mated pair! (Agree that they're true percs, though!)

doesnt really matter now! Woke up and both were laying lifeless on their side!

How old is your tank setup and what are the water parameters? Did you cycle your tank? What size is your tank? How did you acclimate your fish?

these went into my 55g tank that's been up and running for over a year. I'm currently cycling my 75g and wanted to transfer these guys to it once it was cycled.

I floated the bag for 15minutes, opened it and drained all water into a bucket, dripped acclimated them for about 45minutes lights off.

0 amonia
0 nitrite
15 nitrate
water temp 75F

for a year old tank it looks spotless and the powerhead looks brand new?

Yea you're right considering I took most of the live rock out of the tank and into the 75 to cycle and the powerheads are brand new!

anyways the fish that I thought to be lifeless Thursday morning are doing okay now! Wish they would swim around the tank a little more, they are sticking to the one side and thats even with very low flow

They are eating!

img_1212573_0_3f610d61442f9ebce2868c49a9941b1f.jpg

http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/jasonmoreau/?action=view&current=VID-20110205-00000.mp4

clowns generally tend to stick to one part of the tank and claim it as there territory they wil hardley come out of that corner only to feed. if your clowns are getting along fine and they are not fighting and dont leave each others side then they are becomeing a mated pair weather or not they mate is a completly diffrent story. it may take a year or two they need to establish who is more dominant and who is going to be the femal (the biggest one) aslong as they are alive n kicking again give them time i dont recon they will mate for a while after being through a stressfull time like that. keep them well fed and make them feel secure to help if u want. let us no how things go.

well the clowns are doing amazing swimming around all over the tank not leaving each others side, this all happened when I put my new yellow tank in the tank.. they started to move around.

the yellow tang, he's funny. he see's his relfection and been swimming back and forth for the past 4 hours. you would think he's get tired!

The small one died today after a few weeks. He went from looking fine to death within 12hours.

Back
Top Bottom