Does this look like Aptasia to you???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeyswife

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
This has been on my Zoas and moving around and making my Zoas mad:mad:. Is this Aptasia? or something else

Attachments

• aptasia close up (Small).jpg
    aptasia close up (Small).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 69
  • what is this thing005 (Large) (Small).jpg
    what is this thing005 (Large) (Small).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 72
Yup! Search for aiptasia removal on this site. There is plenty of info. to be had :)

Being where it is located, I would inject a kalk solution into the stalk :)

Yes it is, but you get much more for less money by purchasing kalk or mrs. wages pickling lime and making it yourself.

can you get the pickling lime at the grocery store? How do you use it, make a paste of it and put it in its mouth?

I've researched enough, I think, so I'm off to the grocery store. Thanks for all the info!

It will likely retract into nothing as soon as you touch it. Don't stop! They can shrink into a surprisingly small bit of nothing when in danger. It may be the case that you have others in your tank already.

I did not find the Joe's juice to be a viable solution in a tank that has lots of hard to get to places. A pair of peppermint shrimp cleaned the tank of aptasia in a week or so. The only thing I have lost that was not aptasia so far is a pair of 2mm sized mushrooms.... No free lunch. It's an option.

I think I killed the aptasia, it doesn't look very happy at all. Now what do I do?

If it reappears I would use a syringe/needle and inject in the stalk while covering the polyps in a thick kalk (may be difficult if too close to the coral polyps).

I've hit the sides/front of them with the pickling lime and it eats them right away.

Back
Top Bottom