Dwarf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steaphan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought this lion fish because I was told by the store it was a dwarf peacock lion fish. I cannot find info online. Can anyone confirm the max size this will get and if my coral beauty size fish and black ice clowns are at risk??

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432428942.962035.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432428942.962035.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 107
It looks big as it is right now. They will eat any fish that can fit in their mouth. I would not trust it at all with those clowns.

Caleb

His body minus fins is about 3 inches right now..

Its mouth is bigger than you think. They can eat any fish that would fit into its expandable mouth.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Regular lionfish IMO.
Mine ate my anthias while still small(the lion)!
He will eat your clowns soon IMO.
I believe most dwarf lions hav short fins?

I bought this lion fish because I was told by the store it was a dwarf peacock lion fish. I cannot find info online. Can anyone confirm the max size this will get and if my coral beauty size fish and black ice clowns are at risk??

This is definitely the picture of a volitan lionfish ( Either P. Volitan or P. miles depending on color). To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a "dwarf" Volitan lionfish. This fish will eventually get to about 14+". These are predator fish and as such if you are concerned about your fish being eaten, you should not be housing predatory fish in with them. You may be able to train lions to eat dead food, but eating live food is what it's natural behavior will have it do #1.
I'd return the lion and find a new shop to buy from as this salesperson sold you a bad bill of goods. :nono: (IMO)

Thx you everyone for the replies. I will be going to a different store from now on. Clearly they don't know the fish they are selling....

Thx again :)

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom