Eggs? Dying tissue ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picoreef2.5

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you think this is? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445310329.021841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

IMO it looks like nudibranch eggs?
Or nudibranch waste?
Not sure I would know the diff,but I believe I have seen something similar when I had nudis in my tank.

Those are eggs. I don't know what laid them. What are they on the base of and how is that coral doing?

I see nudibranch eggs and some snail eggs off to the side. Those nudibranch ones will need removed...along with what laid them. Need some CoralRX to dip your coral in.

I see nudibranch eggs and some snail eggs off to the side. Those nudibranch ones will need removed...along with what laid them. Need some CoralRX to dip your coral in.

IMO the nudi will closely resemble a coral very close to the eggs....
They look like what they eat(the coral eaters...).
Nudis eggs 100% IMO(find me saying 100% some where else!!?)

So today I come home and the coral no longer has those weird things on it, it was on a frogspawn, and the frogspawn has been fine I didn't notice those until I was looking for aiptasia I don't think I have a nudi I would have seen it in a 4g tank I only have these guys ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445395035.407681.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445395056.891251.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445395072.541099.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445395087.775720.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445396414.370368.jpgits a snail and here is the frogspawn today ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445396462.505099.jpg Iv never seen a nudi in here and I would see it I watch my tank for hours, do they only come out at dark? There aren't many places to hide

It depends. I wouldn't be too overly concerned unless there are soft coral in the tank. But you can see the classic ribbon pattern you see when nudibranch lay eggs. Google it, you'll see what I mean.

If nothing is suffering/failing in the tank I wouldn't worry about those eggs. You would have definite coral loss with that many predators.

Yeah Iv seen their ribbon eggs and this isn't it, it almost looks like the frogspawn is releasing dead tissue

Bump,this is appearing and disappearing every 3 hours or so ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445739740.670586.jpg

Back
Top Bottom