eggs of some sort?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have 2x true percula clownfish 1x yellow tang and 1x squareback anthia today i noticed somethin new pictured below i know their not clownfish eggs because clownfish lay hudrends but they look like eggs of some sort

10005434ms.jpg

10005470qa.jpg

The green bubbles are bubble algae, not considered desirable. When you remove it...try not to burst them in the water.

no i'm pretty sure its not bubble algae i touched one of them it stayed put and its hard also 12 hours ago it wasnt there i checked my tank before i went to bed last night around 12am woke up at 7 and i there it was

I agree as well. Definately valonia. aka bubble algae. They are firm to the touch but to much pressure will pop and spread them.

whats the incubation period of different types of saltwater animal eggs? because today when i woke up their gone the only other thing i have in the tank besides the fish is some crabs and snails, if it was bubble algae would a snail or crab eat it, and also if it where bubble algae could it form in under 12 hours pretty weird

i dont have any emerald crabs, just some crabs that came with the liveaquaria.com cleanup crew i forgot their name

I don't know much about bubble algae but don't they "burst" to spread the spores? If yes, those "eggs" of yours probly broke off to reproduce.

that still cant explain how if it was bubble algae how i formed in under 12 hours

I've had bubbles pop up over night. That is what they are, believe it or not. Also, you have a tang and that would explain the mysterious disappearance as well. My tang ate it. It will probably be back.
Also, the cleanup crew from live aquaria would offer emerald crabs or hermits. Both of which will eat/pick at this stuff.

yea the cleanup crew i have consisted of hermits and various snails if it was bubble algae i'll keep an out for it,also does bubble algae come from high phosphates? my phosphates are 0 in my tank, but i'll check the water that comes from my ro/di unit to be sure. and also i'll make sure i rinse the food i feed with ro/di water not that i didnt before but i'll be sure i do it now thanks for all the help

looks like bubble algae to me...im sure that the cleanup crew will care of that problem.

Back
Top Bottom