Explosion of life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kyle30g

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,
I have been on the forum here for well over a year and have taken a lot of good advice and put it into my tank, and it seems to be paying off!
I feel like the Big Bang has just happened in my tank and life is exploding , over the last month 3 types of tiny snails have been appearing to the point where I currently have ,literally thousands of snails in every nook and cranny of my live rock I can repost a night shot when they are all out but for now these guys brave the light to eat all day
IMG_0468.jpg

I have a few other things that I’m curious about as well

These two seem to be the same type of starfish one being injured

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

This one is lights up really cool at night under the blue light , still very small living on a thorn of a now long dead thorny oyster

IMG_0685.jpg

I had a thorny oyster that died and I kept the shell because I really liked the look of it , before long everything started growing from it

IMG_0670.jpg

These guys below will fall off , I collect them and keep them safe and a new one grows in the exact same place , I can feed them reef roids and they respond really well , the water current is curling the right side in the pic below , it can swell up and contract rather quickly

IMG_0665.jpg

This one in the pic below has a plastic sort of look about them , sprouting off the side of the shell , growing VERY rapidly
The second pic is from another point of view.

IMG_0681.jpg
IMG_0694.jpg

These guys below open and close with sweeper tentacles. One of them is open and one is closed , also respond to reef roids really well.
IMG_0693.jpg

There are definitely others , but I feel I’ve already posted too many, so I’ll leave it at that for now.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

IMG_0671.jpg

Sorry one more , this one is also on the shell , and seems to be a type of leather? It will inflate a little but is much firmer than the others. Has a small hole in the middle that will eat reef roids from.

You have yourself some asternia starfish, hairy mushrooms, and the last one is a LPS coral of some sort...could be a trumpet but it doesn't look quite right in all honesty. Might be able to ID it better when it gets larger.

Back
Top Bottom