fast worms in LR leaving piles of powdery grey stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snapcrackler

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been trying to ID these worms, it's probably some common worm, but please humor me :D

They live in the LR, are uniformly round (i.e. not tapered) are 1/8 in diameter, appear to have lots of very small segments, are sorta greyish pink in color, have little antennae, and poke out of the LR and then kazow they suck back in.

I have been noticing piles of grey "powder" at the bases of some LR, in a peaked shape like it's been poured out there, and I think these worms are responsible for doing this because today I saw one of these exact worms come out of the rock to "poop out" an enormous amount of this same substance onto a pile and then it went back into the rock really fast.

It was both fascinating and gross at the same time, kinda like watching Sumo wrestling.

are they bristle worms? Check out the photos of the Common Critters that FishFreak has as a sticky topic.

snapcrackler said:
These guys are smooth. :?

LOL snapcrackler, I didn't even look at who asked the question. I must have just read a bunch of newbie posts before yours, and just assumed yours was one of them. LOL...

Anyway I'm quite sure you know a bristleworm when you see one. :)

Back
Top Bottom